Or maybe you are looking forward to staring a home based business whilst still working – good for you!
If you do then you won’t have any more of at least the following will you?
- A boss who is demanding work by a certain time
- A host of meetings to go to.
- The daily commute to the office
- Working hours which you must adhere to
- Performance hurdles which you have to achieve or overcome
- New challenges to incorporate because the world has changed
Wow, so this new world you have decided to work in is so different and so easy compared with the old one isn’t it?
Well I am very sorry to have to tell you this but it is no different and it can be even harder to manage than the old one.
Let’s take each one of those points and create a Work at Home equivalent.
- You are now the boss and it is you who controls the whole business direction and growth.
- The meetings you have to go to are probably going to be less in the physical sense but you are now going to be meeting with a much larger audience on the web.
- There is no commute to the office which is a great thing – no cold transport in the snow anymore.
- You set the working hours now which is great because you can work when you want to. However this also means that you have to track how much work you actually do. This will determine how fast your business grows.
- The performance hurdles are now set by you and this will determine absolutely the rate at which your business grows.
- New challenges will be around every day. The difference between the office environment and the work at home environment is that you are now responsible for looking out for these new challenges.
Working at home presents different challenges than working in the office environment because mainly there is only you and many of the tasks which would have been done by others in a large organisation now fall on your desk. Thus you will be tasked with buying equipment if you need it, hiring staff when your business grows, putting together marketing messages, designing websites and the list goes on.
Two points for you to consider.
I think there are two points I would like to make though.
- To make the most progress the best thing you can be advised to do is to join a learning experience which is designed for the work at home community, run by them and is there to help you as you progress.
- Managing your own business from home can be great fun and I honestly feel you should try to see it this way.
This is what I was looking for when I started my work at home business. I looked at a lot of offerings and many were scams. Eventually I joined Wealthy Affiliate because they ticked all the boxes for me.
a) Free starter membership.
b) No pressure to upgrade to premium membership and spend money.
c) A community all looking to succeed at internet marketing and many doing just that.
d) Willing to help me when I needed it.
e) Where I could learn how to work at home successfully.
If you want to know how to start a work from home business I recommend that you give Wealthy Affiliate a try. You will find that many of the challenges you will meet in developing your work at home business are covered in the training provided there. Enjoy it because running your own business should be fun, shouldn’t it? For more information on Wealthy Affiliate
If you would like more free Work at Home Tips browse the list of articles under the Work At Home label on the right hand side of this screen – enjoy!
I would like to hear from you if you have any questions or comments. If so please leave them below,
Yours in business
Please feel free to share this article