Let’s first of all define what affiliate marketing really is okay?
As an affiliate.
You are marketing something (jewellery, books, services) for another organisation, such as Amazon. When you get a sale then they pay you a commission for that sale.
- To become an affiliate you have to sign up with the organisation and it is usually free. Where do you find the details? Usually on any site like Amazon right at the bottom of the page is a label Affiliate and if you click on this it will take you through the process to become an affiliate.
Great so now we know what an affiliate is what do I market you say?
Okay now comes the next bit – you need to find a niche.
What is a niche?
Let’s take an example – dog training.
- If you go into Google and type in dog training you will get about 213,000,000 results because dog training is a niche an da very popular one. Down the bottom of the first page are other niches related to dog training.
- Puppy training
- Dog toilet training
- Dog potty training
- Dog tricks
- Dog breeds.
All of these are niches or areas where people specialise.
How to find your niche.
So you need to find your niche and the best advice given to me was that it should be something I know a bit about and are passionate about. In my case with Hudson Rickman it is helping people to resolve their problems (money, boredom, social, business) using our training vendor Wealthy Affiliate.
So far then we have a niche and we know what Affiliate Marketing is.
Next we need to build a website. Now I can hear the oh no’s. Well despair not because this is where the free training at Wealthy Affiliate come is. Wealthy Affiliate is our training vendor and they have a course which is free and it will teach you how to build a web site and I can tell you it is not technical at all. The hardest thing you have to do is to choose from lists.
Having built your web site then you write short articles describing your niche and what you are selling. The web is open to the world and there are billions of users out there. Anyone that sees your site and likes what you are marketing can buy and if they do you get commission – simple as that.
So let’s recap.
- We have decide to sell books from Amazon and they are about making homemade jewellery.
- This is our niche market.
- We agree an affiliate agreement with Amazon – it’s standard.
- We join Wealthy Affiliate and go through their free course called getting started.
- This teaches us to build a web site and we do.
- We then write up a description (review) of each book which we have reviewed on making home made jewellery and how much it costs. This goes on your web site.
From now on anyone who buys any of the books from your web site, through Amazon will pay Amazon the full price and you will get a commission as an affiliate.
Does this sound okay to you?
If you have any questions on this process please leave them below and we will get back to you asap.
Like to join Wealthy Affiliate and have a look round for free?
Yours in business
Please feel free to share this article.